Wednesday, April 29, 2009

When I Grow Up.

I wish I could know for sure that I will be financially secure when I'm older. As much as I'd love to believe that I will be able to make a living just acting, this is probably not likely. Such is life. The more enjoyable a job is, the less it will pay. BAH.

The most immediate dilemma with my future is what to do after I graduate. The options that I've come up with are either doing some sort of acting conservatory or graduate program, or get my Master's in something that will actually get me money. OR I could possibly do a Master's degree in something other than theatre AND take classes at an acting studio. That probably makes the most sense. Le sigh.

There are several careers that I will accept as my fallback. I'm using the term fallback loosely - I am almost 100% sure that I will pursue one of these careers regardless of what happens with acting. I hope so, at least. I must stay motivated!

The only legitimate careers I can see myself having are either something in the psychology world or in publishing. For some reason I love reading, writing, editing, etc. Methinks this is because I have such a hard time formulating coherent sentences when I am speaking. I tend to shift direction when I'm speaking halfway through a sentence - this is no bueno. When writing, I can make sure what I'm trying to say is somewhat coherent. But I digress.

Please oh please oh please let me make some money in the future. That'd be fab.

1 comment:

Rebs said...

You will. You sound determined enough, you just have to stay true to you!