Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oh hey there.

Long time no write. I have had my fingers in way too many pies, just like Toca Rivera. Even if I'm not actually busy at any given moment, my brain is occupied to the Nth degree.

I'm moving to New York in the near future. I have been waiting for this my whole life. My career and personal goals have undergone so many changes in recent times. There was a time in the past couple of months that I was convinced I would work for a non-profit in the DC area. I applied for jobs in DC and tried to find a great apartment, all the while stifling my dreams to move to NYC. I decided fairly recently that it was too important to push to the back of my mind. Sometimes you have to be reckless and crazy to achieve your dreams. I certainly have been both. Constant trips back and forth between DC and NYC have resulted in my extreme exhaustion. But the light at the end of the (Lincoln) tunnel is keeping me going. I worked a seven hour promotional gig in Times Square yesterday. I found out about that gig last Saturday. I don't even know how that managed to happen. All I know is that I'm loving every moment of trying to find my spot in the city. Even though I applied for a bajillion office jobs in NYC, actually spending time there reminds me of how much I want to avoid that scene. I don't want to be chained to a desk for forty hours a week, and that was something I let myself forget. It's so much easier to not pursue your dreams because you can never really fail. I need to work in the theatre. I need to pursue acting. I need to live in NYC. It's that simple.

My first few months in NYC are going to be rough, but I am confident that it'll all work out for the best. After all, fate has to play some sort of part, right? If a series of unsuccessful attempts at creating a life for myself in DC led me to this point, maybe everything truly happens for a reason. I'm starting to believe that things work out how they should.

No comments: